Monday, February 6, 2012

Creamy or Chunky Zucchini Soup


Ingredients:

 4 Zucchinis
4 Onions
6 cups of water
Salt 
Pepper
Garlic Powder


Directions:

Dice the zucchini and onions.
Pour Oil into a large pot, and saute the zucchini and onions for about an hour, until soft.
Bring to a boil, and then let simmer for 20 minutes.
Add generous amounts of salt, pepper and garlic powder - keep tasting until it is seasoned enough.
To make the soup creamy, use an immersion blender until the soup becomes a smooth consistency.
For chunky, leave as is. 
(I used the immersion blender for about a minute, some of the soup was creamy and some chunky - just the way I like it!)

Garnishes:

To make this soup into something really awesome, I recommend the following. Take a few pieces of gluten free bread (this is what I used: http://www.foodforlife.com/product-catalog/gluten-free-wheat-free-breads/gluten-free/wheat-gluten-free-rice-pecan-bread), spread some butter, sprinkle salt and garlic powder, and toast until the bread is crisp. Once cooled, cut into "cubes" - and you have amazing gluten-free croutons!

I also recommend a dollop of sour cream, or some shredded cheddar cheese.










3 comments:

  1. Yum! My mom makes this and adds a bunch of fresh dill to the pot while cooking. Then purees...its delish :) Must run in the fam....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I must ask your Mom for input on this! I love her food. I'll try the fresh dill next time I make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the usage of ordinary food items to create such a great nutritional choice.

    ReplyDelete